- Buyers Want Emotional Bonds—Even Online April 20, 2018
Despite largely beginning their real estate search on the internet, where one would assume home shoppers prefer an impassive browsing experience,...
- Young Buyers: Student Debt Kills Ownership April 20, 2018
More than 80 percent of people between the ages of 22 to 35 who are carrying student loan debt say their repayment bills make it too difficult to...
- Mortgage Rates Jump to 4-Year High April 20, 2018
The recent surge placed the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage at an average it hasn’t reached since January 2014.
- Retail Vacancies on Track to Reach Record High April 20, 2018
Recent closures of several big-box stores are leaving ample space empty nationwide.
- Affordable Price Tags in Top ‘Green’ Markets April 20, 2018
Eco-friendly homes are growing in demand, but buyers don’t always have to expect to pay a premium.
- Many Metros Are Surging Above Price Peaks April 20, 2018
In many markets, home prices have never been this high.
- Average 30-year mortgage rate rises to 4.47% this week April 19, 2018
The rate rose from last week's 4.42%, according to Freddie Mac, and slightly worsened affordability for homebuyers.
- NAR report: U.S. housing supply and affordability at odds April 19, 2018
Rising mortgage rates and home prices have made ownership less affordable, especially for first-time buyers, though a handful of metros – including North Port-Sarasota and Palm Bay-Melbourne –have seen affordability increase over the past year.
- Have a private router? Prepare for a Russian cyberattack April 19, 2018
Most wireless internet access goes through private routers, which makes them a one-stop shop for cyber-attackers who want to uncover all your passwords at once.
- Want flood insurance before hurricane season? Apply now April 19, 2018
With a 30-day waiting period before NFIP flood insurance kicks in, owners should apply now if they want coverage before the June 1 start of hurricane season.
- Save 50% by building your own house April 19, 2018
A do-it-yourself home kit arrives on flatbed trucks and even includes nails, so landowners can save on construction costs if willing to invest sweat equity.
- What if your ready buyer isn't really ready? April 19, 2018
A real estate pro's job is to guide buyers through the process – even if that means telling them to wait until they can afford the higher costs of homeownership.
- Investing? Fla. location matters most as appreciation slows April 18, 2018
As the recession ended, almost all Fla. cities were an investment opportunity. But now a handful of smaller cities see the most dramatic home price increases.
- Summit: Brokers must adapt to agents – and help agents adapt April 18, 2018
What were the eye-openers at the recent NAR Broker Summit? For one, tech has changed. The latest is no longer a strong marketing tool, but "big data" may help some companies thrive. And watch statistics: Your market has changed substantially.
- Insurance Institute ranks Fla. No. 1 for building codes April 18, 2018
In an assessment of 18 hurricane-prone states' residential building code systems, Fla. got the highest score – 95 out of 100.
- Builder trend: Homes that adapt and change with us April 18, 2018
Innovations like moveable walls, smart technology, multifunction furniture and space-saving features are the future, according to a new exhibit at the National Building Museum.