REALTORS® ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN RIVER COUNTY COMMITTEE DESCRIPTIONS
1. AFFILIATE: Provides a forum to serve the specialized needs of Affiliate Members. Provides an information exchange for Affiliate Members.
2. BUDGET: Develops the annual budget and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for dues/fees structure.
3. BYLAWS: Provides policy and bylaws amendments as necessary or as called for by NAR or the Board of Directors and makes recommendation to the Board of Directors for adoption.
4. GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS: Helps the Association be responsive to legislative and regulatory impacts affecting the real estate business, REALTOR® organization, and private property rights.
*5. GRIEVANCE: Works to promote members' awareness of the Code of Ethics, encourages members to report violations of the Code, and processes complaints filed with the Association. (Requires a minimum of 3 years of REALTOR® membership)
*6. MLS: Evaluates the most effective ways to efficiently disseminate property information, determining ease of access and costs and making recommendations. (MLS participant or designee only; In order to serve on the MLS Committee, you must complete an application. If you would like an application, please contact RAIRC’s MLS Coordinator, Samantha Ford, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.)
*7. PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS: Provides Hearing Panels to hear Ethics and arbitration cases referred to it by the Grievance Committee of the Association. (Requires a minimum of 3 years of REALTOR® membership)
8. STRATEGIC PLANNING: Reviews the Strategic Plan to ensure that its objectives are still valid and makes changes where appropriate. Continues to review the real estate industry environment, analyzing trends, member expectations, and other available data, making recommendations to the Board of Directors.
* Specific education qualifications and/or a required number of years of membership required to be on these committees.
Subject area: Within Our Association