- Foreign Buyers and Immigration Expected to Drive Future Demand for U.S. Housing
WASHINGTON (May 19, 2017) – U.S. real estate markets are increasingly becoming international, and changing demographics brought forth by immigration and growing interest from foreigners are positioned to bolster home sales activity and prices. That’s according to speakers at an international real estate forum organized by the REALTOR® University Richard J. Rosenthal Center for Real […]
- Realtors® Have a Positive Outlook for Commercial Markets in 2017
WASHINGTON (May 19, 2017) – While challenges face commercial real estate markets, Realtors® specializing in the sector should have confidence that growth will continue. That’s according to speakers at a commercial economic issues and trends forum at the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo. NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun led a panel discussion about the […]
- Tax Reform Could Deliver a Tax Hike for Homeowners: New Research
WASHINGTON (May 18, 2017) – While tax reform proposals swirling around Washington, D.C., promise lower tax bills for American families, new estimates indicate that many middle-income homeowners may actually see a tax increase if those proposals go through. The study, “Impact of Tax Reform Options on Owner-Occupied Housing,” illustrates the effects of a tax plan that […]
- NAR Midyear Forecast: Existing-Home Sales Poised to Climb 3.5 Percent in 2017
WASHINGTON (May 18, 2017) – The multi-year stretch of robust job gains along with improving household confidence are expected to guide existing-home sales to a decade high in 2017, but supply and affordability headwinds and modest economic growth are holding back sales and threatening to keep the nation’s low homeownership rate subdued. That’s according to […]
- Second Century Ventures adds Adwerx and immoviewer to 2017 REach® Accelerator Class
WASHINGTON (May 17, 2017) — Two more innovative technology companies have been selected to join REach®, a growth technology accelerator program from the National Association of Realtors®' strategic investment arm, Second Century Ventures. Adwerx, a digital advertising provider, and immoviewer, a 3-D virtual tour technology company, will join the seven other companies announced last month […]
- CFPB Investigates Zillow’s ‘Co-Marketing’ Ads May 19, 2017
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau reportedly is looking into whether some of Zillow’s advertising revenues violate regulations...
- Big Expectations for Home Sales Through 2018 May 19, 2017
Real estate professionals will likely continue to see an increase in business over the next two years. But your home buyers may be needing to...
- Analysis: Rampant Refis Ignited Housing Crisis May 19, 2017
Mortgage refinance activity may have been the true hidden culprit behind the housing crash, a new study reveals.
- 30-Year Mortgage Rates Hover Around 4% May 19, 2017
Borrowing costs edged down slightly this week and will likely move even lower next week, Freddie Mac reports.
- Townhome Construction Faces Setback May 19, 2017
Many in the real estate market are looking to the townhome market to help fill the demand for greater entry-level homes for buyers. But the wait...
- The Word From D.C.: Cybersecurity May 18, 2017
Business tips to stay safe and legal online and other highlights from the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo.
- NAR: International sales to shape future real estate demand May 22, 2017
Changing demographics from immigration and a growing interest from foreigners will bolster home sales activity and prices, according to NAR convention speakers.
- Analysis: Rampant refis ignited housing crisis May 22, 2017
An Urban Institute report suggests that rising prices and easy mortgages didn't cause the last housing downturn, so much as homeowners who refinanced their mortgage and used built-up equity like an ATM machine.
- Realtors upbeat about commercial real estate outlook May 22, 2017
While commercial real estate markets face challenges, NAR convention speakers said that Realtors should be confident that 2017 will see continued growth.
- Court rules that federal flood claims have limitations May 22, 2017
Federal appeals court: Flood lawsuits against a homeowners' insurer must be submitted within one year of denial and heard in federal – not state – courts.
- Tax overhaul: Good or bad for homeowners? May 22, 2017
NAR says the president's proposed tax overhaul plan would hurt homeowners, but it's being hotly debated in real estate circles – and not everyone agrees.
- Sometimes buyers ask the strangest things May 19, 2017
What's the strangest question a buyer ever asked? Realtor.com surveyed agents and found a range of unusual ones, such as: "Does the car come with the house?
- Hurricane season approaches: Review your insurance May 19, 2017
The 2017 hurricane season officially starts in 10 days. Homeowners should review policies now. Need flood insurance? Remember that it takes 30 days to kick in.
- Trending: Open communities with gated sections May 19, 2017
Some people want a gated community; some do not. To appeal to diverse tastes, some developers are now offering both options within a single community.
- Two Fla. cities plan to regulate sober homes May 19, 2017
Cities in Palm Beach County are on their way to becoming the first cities in the state to force sober homes to tighten standards and stop settling in clusters.
- Study: Tax reform would hurt middle-class homeowners May 19, 2017
A study done by PricewaterhouseCoopers for NAR found that current tax-reform proposals would help some people, but not homeowners with adjusted gross incomes between $50K and $200K. Their taxes would rise an average $815.