- House Passes Bill to Curb ‘Drive-by’ Accessibility Lawsuits February 16, 2018
Legislation would likely lead to greater accountability by building owners with regard to potential violations of the...
- Brokerage’s Pig Stunt Annoys Seattle Residents February 16, 2018
Marketing campaigns can sometimes prompt backlash, as one startup real estate company learned this week.
- Builder Lets Consumers Design Its Model Homes February 16, 2018
Taylor Morrison Home Corp. is crowdsourcing the design of its model homes to give home shoppers more of a say through its myModel Home Project.
- Climbing Mortgage Rates Reach 4-Year High February 16, 2018
Rates continue to increase, soaring this week to the highest average since 2014.
- First-Time Buyers May Have it Easiest Here February 16, 2018
First-time home buyers are entering the market under tight inventory conditions and rising home prices. But not all cities are posing a challenge...
- Wells Fargo Honors ‘Guardian Angel’ February 9, 2018
Cynthia Shafer—a 2002 Good Neighbor Award winner—received an unexpected gift for her nonprofit, Bedz for Kidz, from the Wells Fargo...
- U.S. home construction jumps 9.7% in January February 16, 2018
Commerce Dept.: Housing starts at a pace of 1.33M - the highest since Oct. 2016. Single-family starts up 3.7%, multifamily up 19.7% and building permits up 7.4%.
- Rent-to-own offers may be worth a second look February 16, 2018
If a seller receives no viable offers on a home listed for months, then a rent-to-own proposal could be "good for both parties," says NAR Pres. Mendenhall.
- Driverless cars could fuel an exurb boom February 16, 2018
NAHB: Driverless cars could impact where people live. If they had such a car, 63% of consumers said they'd "definitely" or "maybe" move further away from work.
- Tiny homes may have a wider buyer pool February 16, 2018
A new NAHB survey confirms that consumers are definitely intrigued by smaller homes, 600 square feet or less. 53% said they would likely consider buying one.
- Real estate QandA: Must rental tenants obey HOA rules? February 15, 2018
What if an association doesn't have an HOA with a board and meetings, but it does have covenants? Are HOA rules enforceable – and who does that?
- Airbnb collected $45.7M in Florida taxes in 2017 February 15, 2018
Airbnb Florida says that it collected over $45.7M in tax revenues for Florida state and local governments in 2017 – more than double 2016's $20M in taxes.
- It's official: Lennar, CalAtlantic merge February 15, 2018
Homebuilding giant Lennar Corp. completed its merger with former rival CalAtlantic Group Inc., creating the nation's largest homebuilder based on revenues.
- Average age for a first-time homebuyer? 29.1 years February 15, 2018
Survey: Millennials, however, appear on track to buy their home a bit later at 34.4 years thanks, in part, because they want to get a handle on college loans first.
- Inflation spike could impact mortgage rates February 15, 2018
In tight labor markets, employers raise wages, prices go up and inflation often follows. A spike in Jan.'s inflation gauge has led some experts to say the increase could lead to higher borrowing costs for all types of consumer loans, including mortgages.
- Mortgage rates climb to almost four-year high February 15, 2018
The specter of higher inflation pushed the average 30-year FRM to 4.38% this week – the highest level since April 2014, says Freddie Mac.