- Bob Goldberg Named CEO of National Association of Realtors®
WASHINGTON (June 23, 2017) – Bob Goldberg has been named CEO of the National Association of Realtors®. Goldberg currently serves as NAR senior vice president of Sales & Marketing, Business Development & Strategic Investments, Professional Development and Conventions for NAR. Goldberg was the choice of NAR’s leadership team after an extensive national search. He succeeds […]
- Realtors® Highlight Flood Insurance Concerns as House Committee Finalizes Key Markup
WASHINGTON (June 21, 2017) – The House Financial Services Committee today concluded a markup on multiple pieces of legislation to reauthorize and reform the National Flood Insurance Program. Following is a statement from National Association of Realtors ® President William E. Brown: “Congress has less than four months to reform and reauthorize the critical National […]
- Existing-Home Sales Rise 1.1 Percent in May; Median Sales Price Ascends to New High
WASHINGTON (June 21, 2017) — Existing-home sales rebounded in May following a notable decline in April, and low inventory levels helped propel the median sales price to a new high while pushing down the median days a home is on the market to a new low, according to the National Association of Realtors®. All major […]
- 5 Root Causes for U.S.’s Depressed Homeownership Rate: New Study
BERKELEY, Calif., (June 9, 2017) – Despite steadily improving local job markets and historically low mortgage rates, the U.S. homeownership rate is stuck near a 50-year low because of a perverse mix of affordability challenges, student loan debt, tight credit conditions and housing supply shortages. That’s according to findings of a new white paper titled, […]
- Realtors® Survey: Led By China, Foreign Investment in U.S. Commercial Real Estate on the Rise
WASHINGTON (June 6, 2017) — One-fifth of surveyed Realtors® practicing in commercial real estate closed a sale with an international client in 2016, and as foreign investors flock to smaller-sized commercial properties in secondary and tertiary markets, many Realtors® are confident that increased sales and leasing activity will occur in 2017. This is according […]
- California MLS Launches Solar Data Fields June 23, 2017
For the first time, real estate professionals can call out specific solar energy features of their listings.
- Copyright Judgment Against Zillow Upheld June 23, 2017
A federal judge in Seattle approved a portion of a lower court’s ruling finding Zillow liable for copyright infringement against real estate...
- Most Undervalued U.S. Cities in 2017 June 23, 2017
These areas exceed livability metrics and boast a reasonable price per square foot for properties, according to a new analysis from...
- Retirees Look to Build Smaller, Custom Homes June 23, 2017
Though many people downsize after retirement, many older home buyers seek a property more tailored to their personal needs and tastes.
- Mortgage Rates Hold at Low Levels June 23, 2017
Good news for home shoppers: The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage remains near its yearly low.
- Home Security Tips for the Summer June 22, 2017
Whether homeowners are gone for the season or sellers vacate their homes for showings, these burglary prevention tips are necessary for clients...
- Long-term mortgage rates down slightly this week June 22, 2017
The big news is that fixed-rate mortgages didn't go higher this week, though the drop is marginal. They averaged 3.90% compared to last week's 3.91%.
- Congress tackling flood insurance extension June 22, 2017
Coverage expires in Oct. without Congress approving an extension, but it's addressing the issue. NAR says it supports six of seven bills that passed out of the House Financial Services Committee this week.
- Affordable housing: Americans want help getting in June 22, 2017
Survey: 90% Americans say homeownership is one of the greatest achievements in life; most think governments should do more to solve the affordable housing problem.
- Real estate QandA: Delinquent owners OK on HOA boards? June 22, 2017
If HOA boards have to deal with owners who pay dues late, does it make sense for one of those owners to serve on the board? No – and it's not OK under Fla. law.
- Mortgage tech company Sindeo calls it quits June 22, 2017
Sindeo hoped to revolutionize the mortgage application process using tech, but "simplifying the highly regulated, complex business" proved too challenging.
- As rents rise, millennials turn to dorms for adults June 22, 2017
Co-living arrangements – in essence adult dorms that incorporate a social element shared by all renters – are soaring in popularity as rental costs rise.
- Fla.'s home sales, median prices up in May 2017 June 21, 2017
Year-over-year, existing single-family home sales rose 7.6%, median sales price up 7.7% to $239,000. Condo sales up 8%; median sales price up 8.1% to $178,000.
- Citing water losses, Florida insurer approves rate hikes June 21, 2017
Citizens OK'd to raise homeowner rates about 5.3% and about 8.4% for commercial accounts; but homeowners could pay 10% more in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade.
- NAR: U.S. existing-home sales rise 1.1% in May June 21, 2017
Total existing-home sales rebounded after a drop in April, up 2.9% over May 2016. Low inventory helped propel the median sales price to a new high of $252,800.
- First-time buyers face new competition June 21, 2017
Investors are competing for starter homes: Housing inventories are at the lowest level in 30 years, and worst shortages are in the low and middle price ranges.